We are happy to announce that Chapter 1541 has scheduled another Young Eagle Rally on Saturday, October 6. For those few who may not be familiar, Young Eagles is an EAA program designed to introduce young people to aviation by offering a short, free airplane ride. The program was launched in 1992 and, nationwide, has provided well over 2 million rides. Our chapter last flew Young Eagles in May.
So what does this mean to you, the chapter member? Well, we need volunteers to help make this event a success. Volunteers are needed for pilots, ground handlers and event helpers. As you can see in the information provided below, the tasks are simple and will provide an opportunity to interact with the community in a positive way.
The October 6th Rally will be conducted between 09:00 and 13:00.
The Rally organizers need to determine which pilots in our chapter are currently qualified to participate as Young Eagle pilots. This would mean that you are on record with EAA headquarters with a completed and current background check. If you are such a pilot, have access to an airplane, and have interest in participating in our chapter’s Young Eagles Rallies, please let us know. We are making a list. (If you are not sure you are a currently qualified pilot, please contact us and we will help you find out).
Now, let’s look at what it takes to become a volunteer at our chapter Rallies.
Young Eagle Pilots:
- Be a current EAA member and hold an appropriate airman’s certificate (Sport Pilot or greater)
- Possess a current medical certificate (if applicable)
- Be current to carry passengers in the aircraft you plan to use
- Have a current BFR
- Complete the simple online Young Eagles training course and basic background check, both of which need to have been completed within the last three years
- For our events, have access to an aircraft that meets EAA requirements and has passenger liability insurance, preferably in amount that exceeds $100,000 per seat. (This amount allows a supplemental EAA policy to provide additional liability insurance.)
- For our events, be a EAA Chapter 1541 member.
Young Eagle Ground Support (primarily helping Young Eagles to and from the airplane, providing ramp control, and ensuring ramp safety):
- For those in a supervisory role at the Rally, complete the simple online Young Eagles training course and basic background check, both of which need to have been complete within the last three years.
We have need for other event helpers too:
- Welcome table for registration and check-in
- Aircraft dispatchers to match pilots/Young Eagles
- Chapter information table
- Chapter members to answer questions and meet new friends
- Other stuff we are working on
Please respond to this if you want to get involved early.
|Follow us on Facebook|