There was a theft on Thursday, November 29th. The thieves broke into 5 hangars at Georgetown airport and took small tools and David Clark headsets. It seems to have been 3 people working together (one as lookout), ducking between hangars to avoid passers-by.
There is a $1,000 reward for their arrest and the recovery of the stolen items – call (530) 621-5655, case #18-10647. And be on the lookout for any great deals on small aviation tools or headsets.
Come out and enjoy some pancakes and a movie with EAA Chapter 1541.
The pancakes start at 08:00, and so does the film.
If you can’t make it, you can still get tickets to the holiday party here.
The President will be flying into Beale Air Force Base on November 17th.
The TFR is a 30 nm radius, including LHM,
1. 0915 to 1030 local, surface to 18k
2. 1330 to 1500 local, surface to 18k
For more information, look here.
As the membership meeting would be the night before Thanksgiving, we’ve decided to cancel it. You can still get tickets to the holiday party here.
On Saturday November 10th, we’ll be having a barbecue lunch from 11:00 to 12:00, and a presentation by Bruce Estes on getting his Cardinal painted.
The 2018 holiday party is getting closer, and we’ve set up a page for you to buy tickets.
The November Board of Directors meeting takes place on Wednesday 7th. It will be at the House of Pizza, 2270 Nicolaus Rd., Lincoln… dinner at 18:00, meeting at 18:30. All members are invited.
18:00: Eat if desired
18:30: Meeting Start
- Financial Report/Membership Report/Minutes (Jim)
- Update on membership roll and status of overdue dues
- Upcoming Calendar Review (attached, Scott)
- New Business
- Update on city and hangar situation: Bruce Estes
- Old Business
- Update on Hangar Work: update from Darren/Ruben
- Audio Video: audio-video box built; set-up nearly completed
- Chair rack
- Electrical and other completion items
- Fire extinguishers
- Scholarship Program: update from Erika
- Air Academy sponsorships
- Other initiatives?
- T-shirts, polo shirts, caps
- Design decision
- What are we making?
- Assign the task
- Discussion of Holiday Party for Wednesday, December 12
- Ticket sale summary
- Organization and schedule
- Silent Auction update
- Master of Ceremonies
- Volunteers needed: program director
- Strategic Planning: still needed; on the back-burner
- Any Other New Business
20:30: Meeting over