Come out to the EAA hangar at the Lincoln Airport on Saturday morning (January 4th) for a pancake breakfast and an aviation movie and some good hangar flying.
All are welcome for our (suggested) $5.00 breakfast that will be served from 08:00 until 09:30. That’s right, last pancakes on the griddle at 09:30 so come early and often for a fun, relaxing morning.
Happy holidays to one and all, and a reminder that NORAD is tracking Santa here.
We’ll be back in the New Year with New Programs.
The Lincoln Regional Aviation Association will be having their last display day of the year on Saturday 21st, from 08:00 to 12:00. We won’t be cooking pancakes, but they’ll have coffee, and quite possibly donuts.
Our December BBQ Lunch and Program on Saturday 14th will feature a tri-tip barbecue, then a presentation from Mark Carey about building his RV-10 and Carbon Cub.
Our Holiday Party is set for Wednesday, December 11, beginning at 6 pm at Cattlemens Restaurant, 2000 Taylor Road, Roseville.
Tickets will be available for purchase at the door, for $45 per person. The menu:
- Prime Rib 12oz: Slow roasted for 16 hours to achieve perfect tenderness and flavor. Served with au jus and our special horseradish sauce.
- Rustler Rib Eye Steak: A tender, juicy, and flavorful 14oz boneless cut topped with tumbleweed onions.
- Grilled Atlantic Salmon: A thick cut boneless filet, broiled to perfection, served with dill sauce and lemon.
- Lemon Herb Chicken: Charbroiled skinless breast basted with our fat free lemon herb marinade.
- Pasta Ravioli: Vegetarian ravioli served with a seasonal sauce.
“The Fixings” are included with each entrée: Baked Potato, Seasonal Vegetable, All-you-can-eat salad, Ranch-style beans, Sourdough bread, coffee and tea.
A No-Host Bar will be available for other drinks besides the coffee and tea.
There will be a Silent Auction and a Raffle with tickets available for purchase at the event. There will also be a Door Prize for the evening.
All proceeds above and beyond the chapter’s costs will go directly into the Richard and Susan Bristow Memorial Scholarship Fund and will be used to send two youths to EAA Air Academy and other sponsorship or scholarship opportunities.
Our next chapter board meeting is to be held Saturday December 7th at about 10:15, right after the Pancake Breakfast and a Movie (starts at 8 am).
10:15 am: Meeting Start
- Financial Report/Membership Report/Minutes (Jim)
- Upcoming Calendar Review for balance of 2019 (Scott)
- Old Business
- Report on Hangar Work
- Remaining work to be done to complete
- Planning for leadership for 2020-2021
- Chapter officers:
- 1. President: vacant; Vice-President: Darren Coomler; Secretary-Treasurer: Jim Hughes
- Board members:
- 2020-2021 Board is Cheryl Andrade, John House, Mike Lagomarsino, Dan Masys, Ray McNaught, Bruce Robinson, Scott Thompson , and Scott Whelan
- 2020 Air Academy Sponsorships
- Ray Scholarship Award
- Holiday Party
- Raffle vs Silent Auction
- Pricing and menu options and process to administer
- Ticket sales
- New Business
11:30 am: Meeting over
11:31 am: Meeting Addendum to Organize Silent Auction and Raffle Items
Our chapter’s IMC Club will hold its December meeting this coming Wednesday, December 4th in the chapter hangar from 7:00 to 8:00 pm. As we did last month, there will be a “What Would You Do?” video scenario from EAA national and a Special Topic presentation. For this session CFII Randy Sharp will discuss how to be sure your aircraft is airworthy and legal before loosing the surly bonds.
FAA Wings credit is available by registering here.
We are trying to firm up the number of attendees for our Holiday Party set for Wednesday, December 11th, at Cattlemen’s Restaurant in Roseville.
Tickets are $45 per person…a good menu and a good time is planned for all.
We have not had many chapter activities in the past few weeks so our ticket sales opportunities have been limited this year.
What we need to do is to get a head count of how many of our chapter members, families, and friends are planning to attend. Whether or not you have yet purchased tickets, will you please let us know via return email if you are planning to attend and how many will be in your party? If you don’t yet have tickets, we will set them aside for you and get them to you at our next opportunity.
We will be selling tickets next Saturday at the Pancakes and a Movie event at the chapter hangar between 8 am and 10 am. We will be able to take debit or credit cards to purchase tickets. Our chapter board members also have the tickets available for sale. Cash is easiest, checks are great (made out to EAA Chapter 1541), or we’ll take credit/debit cards if you get us at the right time.