The chapter recognition program gives 1 point for each of the following:
- Chapter leaders have attended a chapter leadership training session
- A growing or steady membership
- Offers IMC or VMC Club programs
- Participates in Young Eagle or Flying Start programs
- Has EAA approved Flight Advisor or Technical Counselor
- Participates in EAA’s Annual Chapter Member survey
- Chapter leaders read the EAA ChapterGram regularly
- The chapter has requested EAA promotional materials or ChapterBlast email
- The chapter hosts at least two public events each year
- The chapter owns or leases a facility.
Chapters getting 7 points receive Bronze level recognition, 8 points are Silver, and 9 or more are Gold. EAA chapter 1541 received a perfect ten for its 2019 score. In California there are currently 66 EAA chapters; only four achieved Gold status. Congratulations all! And onward to an even better 2020!