To make a successful event for our chapter, we always need plenty of help. We look for volunteers for following roles:
Young Eagle Pilots:
- Be a current EAA member and hold an appropriate airman’s certificate (Sport Pilot or greater)
- Possess a current medical certificate (if applicable)
- Be current to carry passengers in the aircraft you plan to use
- Have a current BFR
- Complete the simple online Young Eagles training course and basic background check, both of which need to have been completed within the last three years
- For our events, have access to an aircraft that meets EAA requirements and has passenger liability insurance, preferably in amount that exceeds $100,000 per seat. (This amount allows a supplemental EAA policy to provide additional liability insurance.)
- For our events, be a EAA Chapter 1541 member.
Young Eagle Ground Support (primarily helping Young Eagles to and from the airplane, providing ramp control, and ensuring ramp safety):
- For those in a supervisory role at the Rally, complete the simple online Young Eagles training course and basic background check, both of which need to have been complete within the last three years.
We have need for other event helpers too:
- Support for a BBQ Lunch
- Welcome table for registration and check-in
- Aircraft dispatchers to match pilots/Young Eagles
- Chapter information table
- Chapter members to answer questions and meet new friends
- Other stuff we are working on
If you’d like to volunteer for any of these positions in a future event, please click here to email our Young Eagles Coordinator.