Experimental Aircraft Association
Lincoln CA Chapter 1541
EAA chapter 1541 is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community service organization affiliated with the Experimental Aircraft Association headquartered in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The chapter has both in-person and online events. The in-person events include pancake breakfasts from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month, and a hot lunch with educational program from 11:00 am to 1 pm. These are held in the chapter’s hangar, S-12, at Lincoln Regional Airport (KLHM).
Online educational events include an IMC/VMC club meeting held via Zoom on the first Thursday of each month. These pilot proficiency meetings include special topics videos followed by commentary from Certified Flight Instructors (CFIs and CFIIs), and “What Would You Do?” discussions of flights that encountered unexpected challenges. Links to join these online events, for which FAA Wings pilot credit is available, are sent to the chapter membership mailing list the week of the event.
Board meetings are held via Zoom on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
The purpose of this Chapter is to:
- Promote, encourage, and facilitate an atmosphere where all are welcome to join-in and become a part of recreational aviation.
- Promote, encourage, and foster an environment that celebrates and nurtures the participation of families and the spirit of volunteerism within the world of recreational aviation.
- Promote, encourage, and facilitate an environment that fosters safety and high standards in the design, construction, restoration, and operation of all types of recreational aircraft.
- Promote, encourage, and facilitate recreational aviation activities that provide educational opportunities.
- Promote a positive, productive, and cooperative relationship between the Chapter and those governmental agencies and private enterprises that provide aviation services and facilities to the benefit of members of the Chapter.
- Promote, encourage, and facilitate membership in the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association Incorporated).
- Support and promote the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) through programs and services within the Chapter family.
- Have fun!
EAA chapter 1541 has achieved Gold level recognition — the highest level of achievement conferred by EAA national — every year since the award was originated in 2019. It is one of only four chapters among the more than 50 in California to achieve this level of recognition, and one of only 13 among more than 1000 chapters nationwide to achieve Gold level in 2020-2021 with a perfect score.
EAA Chapter 1541, PO Box 1126, Lincoln, CA 95648
President – Scott Thompson
Vice President – (Vacant)
Treasurer – Scott Whelan
Secretary – Jim Hughes
- Cheryl Andrade
- Paul Darbo
- Christina Duran
- Leesa McArdle
- Ray McNaught
- Lorin Ponton
- Mary Wick
For web site comments, you can mail us.