The November Board of Directors meeting takes place on Wednesday November 2nd. As usual, it will be at Pizza Roundup, 2270 Nicolaus Rd., Lincoln… dinner at 18:00, meeting at 18:30. All members are invited.
Monthly Archives: October 2016
FLIGHT ADVISORY GPS INTERFERENCE TESTING October 21 – November 10, 2016. Fallon, NV.
Notice Number: NOTC6795
GPS INTERFERENCE TESTING
NAVAL AVIATION WARFIGHTING DEVELOPMENT CENTER (NAWDC) 16-06
October 21 – November 10, 2016
Additional information is available here.
West Coast RV Fly In – 22 October 2016, 10:00-14:00 at (O85) Benton Field
(O85) Benton Field, Redding CA
- Van’s Aircraft, Inc. on the field with demonstrator aircraft
- Parking marshaller’s providing aircraft direction and parking assistance
- Pancake Breakfast for early arrivals at the airport cafe (07:00-10:00) ($8)
- Aerial Scenic Tours (Loose formation flights in trail) 10:00 and 14:00 of Shasta Lake, Trinity Alps, and Whiskeytown Lake led by Rex Daniels in his RV8
- Discounted fuel for RVers
- Shady Hangar to relax in, Mini Golf, and Cornhole at the Benton Air Center FBO
- Hangar Lunch 11:00-14:00 $8
- RV’s under construction on display
- When to permanently retire engine components – examples displayed all pulled from flying RV’s
- Dinner and a Movie (Dawn Patrol) 19:00 for any stay overs — Discounted Hotel and Shuttle Available, call 530-241-4204 for details
The event is sponsored by RV members of EAA Chapter 157 and the new Benton Air Center FBO.
Information also here.
The Trimotor is coming to Stockton
If you missed it at Lincoln, you can fly the Trimotor from Stockton Metropolitan Airport October 27-30th.
More information at flytheford.org.
Golden West flyin cancelled
The Golden West flyin has been cancelled due to the weather.
Membership Meeting on Oct 19th
Join your fellow members on Wednesday evening for dinner (18:00), a short business meeting (18:30) and our featured presentation – Marty Maisel will present ‘Hollywood and Aviation’, and some lesser known aviation background on a number of the Hollywood folks.
How to Get Your ADS-B Rebate
Aircraft owners – Are you interested in the FAA’s ADS-B rebate? If your aircraft is eligible (U.S. registered, fixed-wing, single-engine piston aircraft), you must then complete the following steps:
- Decide: Purchase TSO-certified avionics and schedule the installation on your eligible aircraft.
- Reserve: Before installation, use the FAA’s ADS-B Rebate website to submit a rebate reservation for your eligible aircraft. You will receive a Rebate Reservation Code.
- Install: TSO-certified ADS-B avionics are installed on your eligible aircraft (step 2 must have been completed).
- Fly & Validate: You must fly your aircraft in “rule airspace” (e.g., Class B or C, Class E above 10,000 feet) as defined in 14 CFR 91.225 for a minimum of 30 minutes, with at least 10 aggregate minutes of maneuvering, within 60 days of the installation date in Step 3. One hour or more after your flight, you must validate the performance of your eligible aircraft’s ADS-B installation by requesting a Public Performance Report, available on the FAA’s ADS-B Rebate website. After a successful validation, you will receive an Incentive Code.
- Claim: Visit the ADS-B Rebate website and submit your Rebate Reservation Code from Step 2, and your Incentive Code from Step 4, within 60 days of the scheduled installation date to claim your rebate.
October Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday
The October Board of Directors meeting takes place on Wednesday October 5th. As usual, it will be at Pizza Roundup, 2270 Nicolaus Rd., Lincoln… dinner at 18:00, meeting at 18:30. All members are invited.